Advertisement

Pistons’ Wood cleared from coronavirus

Washington—Detroit Pistons forward Christian Wood has become the first publicly known NBA player to be cleared after testing positive for coronavirus, according to multiple media reports Thursday.

Christian Wood
Wood tested positive for the virus on March 15 but has been cleared, unnamed sources told The Athletic and ESPN, while Wood’s agent, Adam Pensack told the Detroit Free Press that Woods is “feeling great and fully recovered.”

The 24-year-old American, on his fifth NBA club in four league seasons, was the third NBA player to test positive for COVID-19 after Utah’s Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell.

Wood had been in self-isolation since March 11 while being treated by team medical staff.

Being considered cleared requires two negative coronavirus tests at least 24 hours apart.

His diagnosis became public a week after the Pistons faced the Utah Jazz, a game in which he was matched often against Gobert, the first known NBA player with coronavirus. Woods scored 30 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against Gobert.

Wood had been enjoying a solid campaign when the season shut down, averaging 13.1 points and 6.3 rebounds.

Topics: Detroit Pistons , Christian Wood , COVID-19 , Adam Pensack
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Working Pillars of the House
Advertisement