A bus company that allegedly closed shop after Manila banned entry of buses last year has agreed to pay a P1,849,536-separation package to its workers.
PV Pajarillo will cover 13 days for every year of service, according to Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz, citing the resolution of the National Conciliation and Mediation Board.
She said Kilusang Manggagawa sa PV Pajarillo Liner Inc. has agreed to settle after Conciliator-Mediator Cynthia Forcadas manged to get the parties to talk at the bargaining table.
The bus workers filed a notice of strike on September 23, 2013 against the management over unfair labor practice, constituting union busting, illegal closure of business, and constructive dismissal.
But owner Orlando Pajarillo said the company merely followed the ordinance of city hall which barred entry of buses to the capital on the issue of transport terminals.
PV Pajarillo Liner plied the Manila-Ayala route.
Baldoz said “speedy disposition of labor disputes through conciliation-mediation is the best antidote to protracted legalistic proceedings that do more harm than good.”
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.