Advertisement

Misuari likens KL to ‘boy who cried wolf’

The Moro National Liberation Front on Thursday blasted Malaysia for blaming its founding chairman Nur Misuari for the spate of kidnapping and intrusion in Sabah as it threatened to wage war should Malaysia continue to pester the MNLF.

“They are like a boy crying wolf,” said Absalom Cerveza, MNLF spokesman. He vehemently denied Malaysia’s accusation that Misuari was responsible for the criminal activities in Sabah.

“They are hallucinating, there’s no truth about it,” Cerveza said, adding that Malaysia was trying to destroy Misuari for unknown reasons.

Cerveza’s response came after Malaysian Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi accused Misuari of using his own men and other groups to carry out intrusion and kidnapping activities in Sabah.

But Cerveza urged Malaysia to prove their allegation.

Last week, eight gunmen wearing black T-shirts and fatigue trousers fired at a police outpost at a resort in Mabul island killing a marine police corporal Ab Rajah Jamuan, 32 and  abducting Constable Zakia Aleip.

On the issue that the exclusion of Misuari from the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB) prompted the MNLF to exact revenge, Cerveza said the MNLF “have not indicated to be part of the Bangsamoro government.”

“We have tried to be part of the deal. We have a peace deal with the government but the government does not comply,” he said.

Cerveza said Malaysia remains paranoid because of their failure to safeguard and arrest criminal elements in  their territory. He cited Malaysia’s inability, despite the deployment of enough military and police force, to captured 100 men from the Sultanate of Sulu which figured in a firefight that killed a ranking police officer and dozens others.

“If they don’t know how to capture those responsible criminal elements, they should not try to involve people in the Philippines particularly the MNLF,” Cerveza stressed.

The Sultanate of Sulu led by Agbimuddin Kiram,  has launched a series of attacks in Sabah in an attempt to reclaim Sabah.

COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Working Pillars of the House
Advertisement