Lawyer Danilo Manalo, counsel of actor and television host Fernando Navarro, said Interior Secretary Mar Roxas finds no need of bodyguards for his client but recognizes just the same the presence of threats.
The issue of Navarro’s safety was discussed and “Secretary Roxas offered to provide security,” Danilo Manalo said after emerging from the closed door meeting at Camp Crame early Friday morning.
“We really need right now is police presence and police visibility in the residence of Vhong, not security escort... there is no need for it right now,” Manalo said quoting Roxas as saying.
He said the meeting also took up the status of the firearms in the possession of Cedric Lee who is included in the complaint of Navarro over his alleged mauling in Taguig City last week.
“We asked for a revocation and we have been assured it will be reviewed,” said Manalo, about his request to Roxas and Police Directorate for Operations Director Leonardo Espina, who was also at the meeting.
On the sworn statement of Navarro before the National Bureau of Investigation, he claimed that guns were being poked at him while he was being whisked away from the condominium where he was beaten up.
“We are just taking precautionary measures here, we also expressed our concern regarding the use of a gun during the assault of Vhong Navarro,” Manalo said.
He said threats are being sent through text messages in the actor’s cellphone.