News Flash

August 29, 2015, Saturday
  • Thunderstorm advisory up over Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Batangas and Cavite. 7 hours ago |
  • PAGASA says heavy rains in parts of Metro Manila are due to the merging of thunderstorms from Rizal & cloud formations over Manila Bay. 7 hours ago |
  • DILG Sec. Mar Roxas says while people have the right to peaceful assembly, they must not cause inconvenience to anyone. 8 hours ago |
  • Petron to cut prices of gasoline by P 1.45 per liter, diesel by P .70 per liter and kerosene by P .90 per liter. 8 hours ago |
  • Petron to implement oil price rollback on Aug. 30 Sunday. 8 hours ago |
  • PNP National Capital Region on full alert status due to the rally of Iglesia ni Cristo at EDSA. 8 hours ago |
  • Heavy rains pouring over several parts of Metro Manila. 11 hours ago |
  • Reward money for the arrest of the killer of Philippine eagle ‘Pamana’ rises to P 600K. 11 hours ago |
  • PAGASA monitors a low pressure area (LPA) 175 km. east of Borongan, Samar. 11 hours ago |
  • Traffic slow moving from Ortigas Avenue until Shaw Boulevard in Mandaluyong City. 11 hours ago |
  • DILG Sec. Mar Roxas & Mandaluyong City Mayor Benjamin Abalos hold meeting in Camp Crame to discuss the INC rally at EDSA. 12 hours ago |
  • Mandaluyong city gov’t PIO Jimmy Isidro says a permit was issued for INC’s rally to ‘contain’ the protest at Crossing & ease traffic. 12 hours ago |
  • Mandaluyong city government gives INC permission to hold their rally at EDSA-Shaw until Sunday. 12 hours ago |
  • INC Spokesman Edwil Zabala expects the crowd at EDSA will surge on Sunday afternoon. 12 hours ago |
  • EDSA-Shaw underpass open to motorists on Saturday morning although traffic along the southbound lane is slow. 12 hours ago |
  • INC members plan to stay at EDSA until Monday although they need to secure permit to do this. 12 hours ago |
  • Both northbound and southbound service roads of EDSA-Shaw Boulevard are impassable on Saturday morning due to INC’s rally. 12 hours ago |

Andrea Rosal’s baby dies at PGH

By Florante S. Solmerin | May. 19, 2014 at 12:01am

The granddaughter of the late communist rebel spokesman “Ka Roger” Rosal died at 5 p.m. Sunday of hypoxemia or oxygen deficiency in the blood, said a human rights group.

Cristina Palabay, secretary general of Karapatan, said Andrea Rosal delivered Baby Diona Andrea under stressful conditions at around 8 a.m. Saturday.

On Friday, a Regional Trial Court in Taguig City allowed her to be confined at  Philippine General Hospital (PGH).

“She was admitted only the evening of May 16 and finally gave birth on the morning of May 17,” Palabay said.

The  Free Andrea Rosal Movement on Facebook said the premature infant was placed in an incubator with a ventilator due to “difficulty of breathing”.

Rosal was seven months pregnant when she was arrested last March 27 by agents  of the Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (ISAFP) and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Caloocan City.

The army accused her of kidnapping with murder while serving as secretary general of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New people’s Army (CPP-NPA) in Southern Tagalog.

She was moved a week later to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology in Camp Bagong Diwa in Taguig City in a 5x10-meter cell to join 31 other female inmates, Palayab said.

“We find the BJMP, the Armed Forces of the Philippines and all government agencies responsible for the illegal arrest and detention of Andrea Rosal accountable for the death of Diona Andrea,” she said.

“Their blatant disregard of the rights of Andrea, including her right to receive immediate medical care and be in an environment conducive for conceiving and delivering a healthy child, are apparent in this case.”

Palayab said Rosal was scheduled for “pre-natal check-up when she was illegally arrested” without receiving “any medical attention from jail authorities during her detention in Camp Bagong Diwa. Her transfer to PGH this week, in accordance to a court order issued for her immediate hospitalization, was unreasonably delayed by authorities.”

Palayab said “Andrea was experiencing uterine contractions since the evening of May 15, but she was brought back and forth from Camp Bagong Diwa and the PGH because BJMP  said there was no available room for her.”

COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Comments are views by readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with editorial standards, may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section
comments powered by Disqus

Want Updates?

Be the first to know on what is latest from, simply enter your email below to get started. We don’t spam dont worry!