News Flash

October 10, 2015, Saturday
  • Duterte to wait until Oct. 15 before declaring whether or not he is running for president. 6 hours ago |
  • Immigration agents nab a Chinese fugitive charged with economic crimes. 6 hours ago |
  • Faulty electrical wiring caused the fire that burned a portion of UST’s Quadricentennial Pavilion on Friday morning. 6 hours ago |
  • Makati Rep. Abby Binay to run for Makati Mayor if brother Junjun will be disqualified. 6 hours ago |
  • Pacquiao silent on details of his senatorial bid. 6 hours ago |
  • Pacquiao arrives from Qatar where he gave support to competing Filipino boxers. 6 hours ago |
  • 3 suspects involved in the killing of a couple in Romblon arrested. 6 hours ago |
  • OFW who fell from 3rd floor of building in Saudi Arabia to undergo surgery. 6 hours ago |
  • OFW in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia falls from a building while running away from her employer. 6 hours ago |
  • Duterte says if he shows up at Comelec on Thursday, that means he is running for president. 6 hours ago |
  • Ayala Bridge in Manila to remain closed for the next 3 weekends. 6 hours ago |
  • Ayala Bridge in Manila still closed to motorists due to repairs. 6 hours ago |
  • 2 NGCP steel towers in North Cotabato collapse after being bombed. 6 hours ago |
  • 2,136 out of 3,866 pass the licensure examinations for mechanical engineers last month. 6 hours ago |
  • Fmr. First Gentleman Mike Arroyo asks the Sandiganbayan to allow him to travel & stay in Japan & Hong Kong for 12 days. 23 hours ago |
  • LTFRB suspends the franchises for 30 units of Dagupan Bus. 23 hours ago |
  • Number of fatalities in fire that hit Leyte Prison and Penal Farm rises to 10. 23 hours ago |
  • Ombudsman has also issued a dismissal order against Masbate Gov. Rizalina Lanete. 23 hours ago |
  • Director General Joel Villanueva resigns from TESDA in view of his plan to join the senatorial race. 23 hours ago |
  • Binay’s camp says the Ombudsman’s dismissal order vs. Mayor Binay was done in haste. 23 hours ago |
  • Ombudsman Carpio-Morales says it is up to Comelec to decide whether or not to allow Mayor Binay to run for a 3rd term. 23 hours ago |
  • Ombudsman’s order includes Mayor Binay’s dismissal from service & perpetual disqualification from public office. 23 hours ago |
  • Ombudsman’s dismissal order for Mayor Binay is in connection with his plunder case over the alleged overpriced Makati City parking building. 23 hours ago |
  • Rep. Abby Binay says Mayor Binay is planning to file his COC next week & run for a third term. 23 hours ago |
  • Rep. Abby Binay says Mayor Binay can still appeal the Ombudsman’s dismissal order at the Court of Appeals. 23 hours ago |
  • Ombudsman cites grave misconduct & serious dishonesty as reasons for Makati Mayor Junjun Binay’s dismissal. 23 hours ago |

Airport expressway bids submitted

By MST News | Apr. 09, 2013 at 12:01am
Two of the four pre-qualified companies submitted Monday their bid proposals for the right to finance, design, construct, operate and maintain the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway Phase II Project under the Public-Private Partnership program of the government.

Optimal Infrastructure Development Inc. owned by San Miguel Holdings Corp. and Manila North Tollways Corp. of the Metro Pacific Group of Company, are two remaining interested firms who passed the initial checking of completeness of technical proposals during the submission and opening of bids before the DPWH Special Bids and Awards Committee headed by Undersecretary Rafael Yabut, representatives from the Public-Private Partnership Center, Department of Finance, Office of the Solicitor General, Commission on Audit, Office of the Ombudsman, Japan International Cooperation Agency, and project advisors Development Bank of the Philippines and International Finance Corp. held at the DPWH Central Office.

The submitted bid documents will be evaluated within a week before the financial bids which are kept in a safety vault to be opened on April 15.

The two other prequalified bidders—Ayala-led Ayala Corp. Inc. and India’s IL&FS Transportation Networks Ltd.—withdrew from participating in the auction.

The NAIA Expressway Project Phase II will supplement the completed Phase I, which interfaced with the Manila South Luzon Expressway at Sales Interchange.

The proposed Phase II expressway component will involve provision of elevated travelway structures over the Sales Avenue, Andrews Avenue, Domestic Airport Road and MIA Road. The proposed elevated expressway will tie in with the Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. where it will terminate through an interchange.

The proposed NAIA Expressway Phase II alignment has a total length of 7.15 kilometers from its tie in point at the terminus of NAIA Expressway Phase I to its connection with Diosdado Macapagal Blvd. and PAGCOR City.

The project was approved by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) Board on May 30, 2012 for a cost of P15.52 billion.

PAGCOR locators and licenses will provide Infrastructure Support Fund for P6.5 billion to cover the construction project.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Comments are views by readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with editorial standards, may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section
comments powered by Disqus

Want Updates?

Be the first to know on what is latest from, simply enter your email below to get started. We don’t spam dont worry!