Chris Banchero tallied a game-high 26 points as San Miguel Beer notched a third win over the Chang Slammers, 77-73, Wednesday night in the Asean Basketball League at the Nimibutr Stadium in Thailand.
Banchero made 10 of his 21 field goal attempts, five of six from the line, had four assists and three steals as the Beermen moved to a 3-2 mark to tie Saigon Heat behind leading Indonesian Warriors (5-2).
The Slammers dropped to 2-4 mark.
Gabe Freeman had 20 points, 13 rebounds, two steals and two blocks while Asi Taulava posted 11 points and five rebounds. Brian Williams only accounted for three points but had 11 rebounds and six assists.
Michael Earl had 16 points, Jonathan Fernandez 13 and Christien Charles 12. Froilan Baguion had seven points, 15 assists and four steals.
The Beermen play the host Malaysian Dragons next this Saturday at the MABA Stadium.
Readers of this story also viewed:
- Spinning Ridge takes Triple Crown 2nd leg
- Spurs shoot for clincher
- Piñol confirms Heredia role in Dapudong’s win
- Spurs zero in on NBA crown
- Euro exec blasts AIBA
- Rose outduels Lefty for title
- Filipina tossers bow to Indonesians
- Tayao-Cabrera delivers lone Asian win for PH
- Guarde, Estrope shine in Kudarat netfest
- Asi open to PBA return