Civilian employees of the Philippine National Police are now eligible to receive awards given to uniformed police for meritorious service, the National Police Commission said Thursday.
Napolcom Vice Chairman Eduardo Escueta said the commission en banc approved the conferment of PNP Efficiency Medal and PNP Commendation Medal to deserving non-uniformed personnel under Memorandum Circular 2012-002.
â€œThe Commission fully recognizes the services of NUPs in the attainment of the missions and objectives of the PNP, therefore, there is a need to recognize significant contributions of NUP for the PNP organization,â€ Escueta said.
The PNP Efficiency Medal (Medalya ng Kasanayan) is the fourth highest administrative award given to PNP personnel who achieved a major accomplishment such as resolution of a sensational crime and conceptualization of a major innovation in the field of PNP operation and administration, among others.
The Commendation Medal (Medalya ng Papuri), on the other hand, is awarded to PNP personnel for demonstrating exemplary efficiency, devotion, and loyalty to their duty assignments, such as participation in a successful operation in a major or supporting role.
Readers of this story also viewed:
- Makati sets zero-plastic drive
- NPA tags 5 soldiers ‘prisoners of war’
- Ilocos violence: Two people killed
- Agents rescue victim, kill kidnaper
- Mass held to mark Princess sinking
- ‘Probe full-blown mystery of tusks’
- Comedienne joins court proceeding
- P296-m shabu seized in Manila, Cavite
- De Lima looks into bungled drug case
- School seeks revisit of court resolution