The Nationalist Peopleâ€™s Coalition has denounced its political rivals for resorting to â€œpolitical harassment and machinationsâ€ after the National Bureau of Investigation filed a complaint for murder against its party stalwarts — Pangasinan Governor Amado Espino Jr. and Pangasinan 1st District Rep. Jesus Celeste — for the death of Infanta Mayor Ruperto Martinez.
â€œWe are very dismayed over these petty tactics against our candidate. It is becoming too obvious to the public that these are machinations for their own political interests,â€ NPC provincial chairman and former Pangasinan Rep. Mark Cojuangco said.
Abono party-list chairman Rosendo So described the murder charges as â€œimpossible and improbableâ€, even as he called on Justice Secretary Leila de Lima to order the NBI to conduct a re-investigation of the allegation againstÂ Â Espino and Celeste immediately.
â€œMartinez is an ally of Governor Espino andÂ Congressman Celeste. Mayor Martinez consistently delivered votes to the NPC. It is impossible for his allies to order his murder?,â€ So asked.
â€œThe NBI must re-investigate this case. This is not a joke. If they are training their guns on Gov. Espino, they will allow the real mastermind to get away and justice will not be served,â€ So said.
Readers of this story also viewed:
- Pinoy workers in Taiwan told to restrict movements
- Party-list canvassing resumes; Comelec hit
- Cebu scion youngest member of the House
- Choosing a successor new task for PNoy — ally
- Immigration bureau reforms set
- Army intelligence chief to be named
- 15 stranded OFWs return home
- GSIS eases loan benefits for unpaid contributions
- Palace congratulates new senators
- 1K mentors program for K-12 curriculum