News Flash

August 29, 2015, Saturday
  • Classes at U.P. Manila’s College of Arts and Sciences cancelled on Friday afternoon due to INC rally along Padre Faura St. 14 hours ago |
  • Rains in the area of Padre Faura St. in Manila fail to dampen the spirit of INC members who are protesting at DOJ. 14 hours ago |
  • CBCP says government should not underestimate the message of ‘no remittance day.’ 14 hours ago |
  • Construction of LRT 2 Masinag Extension to begin on Sept. 26. 14 hours ago |
  • Body of a missing seaman found in Tagaytay. 14 hours ago |
  • Palace calls for sobriety as more INC members troop to Padre Faura in Manila to join vigil in front of DOJ. 14 hours ago |
  • PNP’s estimate of INC members gathered in front of DOJ in Padre Faura St. in Manila is 4,000. 14 hours ago |
  • Justice Secretary Leila de Lima not yet seen at DOJ premises as of Friday afternoon. 15 hours ago |
  • Schedule of hearing on libel case filed by Makati Mayor Binay vs. Sen. Trillanes among those postponed on Friday due to INC rally at DOJ. 15 hours ago |
  • INC rally in front of DOJ has prompted the postponement of some hearings in the department. 15 hours ago |
  • Sen. Trillanes says he is ready to face any complaint at Senate Ethics Cmte. with regard to his hiring of over 40 consultants. 15 hours ago |
  • 10 members of the Philippine Marines injured in a battle with about 300 ASG bandits in Patikul, Sulu on Friday morning. 15 hours ago |
  • Radio broadcaster Cosme Diez Maestrado killed in an ambush in Misamis Occidental. 15 hours ago |
  • Anthony Taberna’s wife Rossel says it is ‘business as usual’ in their QC coffee shop after it was fired upon by gunmen. 15 hours ago |
  • Anthony Taberna’s wife Rossel thanks those who are concerned for them after the shooting incident in their QC coffee shop. 15 hours ago |
  • Migrante International says OFWs in Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia & Italy are joining the ‘zero remittance day’ on Friday. 15 hours ago |
  • Migrante International leads a rally at Mendiola in Manila as part of their ‘zero remittance day’ protest. 15 hours ago |
  • OFW Amie Emuslan who has been in comatose in UAE for 4 years finally brought back home. 15 hours ago |
  • Pres. Aquino tells visiting Thai PM that Filipinos are offering their condolences to the Thai people who are Filipinos’ brothers. 16 hours ago |
  • Thai PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha expresses sympathy for the Filipino who sustained injury in her hearing during the Aug. 17 Bangkok blast. 16 hours ago |
  • Thai PM who is visiting PH says situation in Thailand now under control since the Aug. 17 Bangkok blast that killed 20 persons. 16 hours ago |
  • Gunmen shot and killed a Chinese tourist who was on board a taxi in Vito Cruz, Manila. 19 hours ago |
  • Anthony Taberna says cops are looking at his job as a media man as possible motive behind the shooting incident at his coffee shop. 19 hours ago |
  • 2 men seen on CCTV firing at the coffee shop of ABS-CBN broadcaster Anthony Taberna in Visayas Ave., QC. 19 hours ago |
  • Padre Faura St. in Manila still closed to traffic on Friday morning due to INC rally in front of DOJ. 19 hours ago |
  • Some INC members continue their vigil in front of DOJ for the second day. 19 hours ago |
  • Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano tells court that part of his privilege as senator includes giving statements on subjects of senate probes. 19 hours ago |
  • Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano asks Makati RTC to dismiss the P 200-million damage suit filed against him by VP Binay. 19 hours ago |
  • BOC Chief Bert Lina shows at a press conference how prohibited items are being smuggled into PH using balikbayan boxes. 19 hours ago |
  • Customs Commissioner Bert Lina says he is listening to the sentiments of OFWs. 19 hours ago |
  • Customs Chief Bert Lina holds a press conference explaining how BOC is handling and inspecting balikbayan boxes. 19 hours ago |

Derek Ramsay resurrects ‘Kidlat’

By MST News | Jan. 13, 2013 at 06:00pm
After The Amazing Race, Derek Ramsay is top-billing TV5’s Kidlat.

“I’m so happy with this project,” he says. “It’s my first full-length superhero role. To be honest, this is the coolest thing I’ve done so far on the small screen. I’ve worked so hard for this and it feels good that I’ve been receiving positive feedbacks from the public. At least, all my efforts are rewarded!

“Last Christmas, I had a vacation in Cagayan De Oro with my family and I was elated that all the kids whom I met were calling me Kidlat. I was truly amazed of my new screen character’s instant recall among the young viewers. That’s a good gauge already. I feel like a winner with this project for its grandiosity.

At the rate things are going, moving to the Kapatid network proved to be a wise career move for the handsome actor.

“Of course it is! I’m grateful to TV5 for believing in me, for giving me project after project. Kidlat is really a good vehicle to start my 2013. The turnout of the scenes we’re shooting is simply fantastic! I’m hats-off to our director Mike Tuviera. He’s a genius!”

***

Alden Richards denies the rumor that there’s love blossoming between him and Julie Ann San Jose at present.

“Any guy would fall for Julie Ann because of her endearing qualities but honestly, there’s no love angle between us, no courtship whatsoever. That’s to set the record straight,” he states.

There are talks that he is planning to court Julie Ann since last Christmas, they gave each other presents: he gave her a neck pillow, she has given him chocolates.

“Yes, we exchanged gifts last December but that’s just it. We’re okay. We get to talk during Party Pilipinas and did some out-of-town shows, but not to the extent of going out on dates. We haven’t reached that stage yet.”

Many are curious what he sees in Julie Ann that makes him admire her.

“She’s very down-to-earth and sincere.”

Isn’t he afraid to appear as the villain before the Julielmo fanatics?

“I hope not! Ha-ha-ha! I’m not snatching Julie Ann from Elmo (Magalona). I hope they won’t take it against me if I’m befriending her,” says Alden.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by MST.ph. Comments are views by manilastandardtoday.com readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandardtoday.com. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with MST.ph editorial standards, MST.ph may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section
comments powered by Disqus

In This Category

Want Updates?

Be the first to know on what is latest from MST.ph, simply enter your email below to get started. We don’t spam dont worry!